Celebrating Maple Month at Todd Hill
Its Maple Season!
Did you know that New York State is home to the largest resource of tappable maple trees within the United States, and over 2,000 maple sugarmakers? Celebrate Maple Month this March by visiting a farm participating in Maple Weekend on March 18-19 and March 25-26, 2023, or purchase our Maple products in our store to support NY Maple producers. To learn more about how maple syrup is made, read our blog post about the maple making process at Soukup Farms.
Some fun facts about Maple:
- Syrup can have 300 different natural flavor compounds, creating notes of sugar, caramel, vanilla, chocolate, coffee, nuts, butter, or coffee. Soil type, weather conditions, and tree genetics all play a role in the differences in maple flavors.
- Darker syrup has stronger flavors.
- There are 13 different maple species native to North America.
- It takes about 40 gallons of sap to produce 1 gallon of maple syrup.
- Maple Syrup contains minerals like calcium and iron as well as antioxidants.
To visit a farm participating in Maple Weekend, visit https://taste.ny.gov/event/maple-weekend-2023 or https://mapleweekend.nysmaple.com/.
Todd Hill Vendors that will be participating in Maple Weekend:
Finding Home Farms
Located in Middletown, NY, Finding Home Farms is hosting MAPLEFEST every weekend in March from 8am-5pm!
Shaver Hill Farm
Located in Harpersfield, Shaver Hill will be open for Maple Weekend 9am to 4pm!
Located in Dover Plains, Soukup Farm will be open for Maple Weekend from 9am-4pm!
Located in Salem, Mapleland will be open March 11,12, 18,19,25, 26 from 9am-4pm!
Learn more about the NY State Maple Industry and find maple recipes at https://nysmaple.com/
Check out all our maple products in the store this season!
Maple Leaf Sugaring, Ghent, NY
Moser's Maple Candy, Croghan, NY
Hard Candy made with real maple syrup.
Shaver Hill Farms, Harpersfield, NY
Maple Sugar Candy, made from 100% maple syrup cooked to a specific temperature, then churned and pressed into molds.
Maple Syrup, Maple Walnut topping, and Maple Cream made from whipped maple syrup that you can spread like butter.
Soukup Farms, Dover Plains, NY
Mapleland Farms, Salem, NY
Statue of Liberty Maple Syrup
Taconic Distillery, Stanfordville, NY
Bourbon Barrel Aged Maple Syrup